DREAMING OF YOU – The Coral launch their unmistakeable, visually and audibly remastered 2002 hit single ahead of 20th Anniversary Tour:
The Coral was originally released on Monday 29 July 2002 and catapulted the band to mainstream success at the first attempt, landing a Mercury Prize-nomination and Platinum-certfication.
Remastered from the original mixes and reissued on standard and special-edition collectors’ vinyl pressings, as well as extended CD, cassette and digital formats, the album also features two, unreleased, never-before-heard-tracks, She’s The Girl For Me and Tumble Graves. They appear on all-formats bonus disc, complete with a singles B-sides collection and the band’s pre-album EP The Oldest Path.
The Coral is formed of James Skelly, Ian Skelly, Nick Power, Paul Duffy and Paul Molloy.
The Coral’s platinum, top-ten-skimming hit, Dreaming Of You, is now being given new life almost two-decades on from it’s breezy, summer-soundtracking release as the band launch the track’s remastered video and audio. Arguably the band’s career-defining radio hit, which, incredibly, almost didn’t make the final cut for the band’s self-titled, debut album, is revived ahead of The Coral’s reissue on Fri 4 March 2022 via Run On Records in assoc. with Modern Sky and an eleven date UK Tour.
After recording sessions at Linford Manor studios, the band and producer, Ian Broudie went into mixing sessions still a track short of a complete album. Skelly played Dreaming Of You as one of two, last-ditch options and it slotted in as a unanimous favourite, becoming the last of the album’s jigsaw of odd pieces just as time ran out.
Partly inspired by Skelly’s first meeting with Shack founders, Mick and John Head, Dreaming Of You landed suddenly on the, then 17-year-old songwriter, writing it from start to finish in his bedroom inside ten, frantic minutes.
“It nearly didn’t make the album,” remembers Skelly.
“It was a song we hadn’t yet recorded during the main studio sessions, but when Broudie heard it he said it had to be on there and we went back into the studio to get down this angular version that fitted the rest of the album. I’d had the song since meeting Mick and John for the first time and they said they really liked our stuff. We sat and spoke about Love, who we are massively influenced by, as he actually knew Arthur Lee a bit. I just went home from their praccy room, picked up my guitar and ‘Dreaming Of You’ came out of nowhere.”
Dreaming Of You’s collage-walled video, shot in the days before digital took over, gets a makeover for the YouTube generation alongside the audio remastered from the original studio tapes. The release is accompanied by B-Side, Another Turn In The Lock, which features in the extensive reissue’s extras collection.
TheCoral’s first headline tour in over three years kicks off in March, with the band having recently announced support acts. Joining the band as they play the debut album in full over twelve UK-wide nights are Cut Glass Kids, Marvin Powell, The Dream Machine, Louis Croft, Rianne Downey and Brooke Coombe, appearing over the following dates:
- Thu 3 March 2022 Sheffield, Leadmill (w/ Cut Glass Kings and Marvin Powell)
- Fri 4 March 2022 Birmingham, O2 Institute (w/ Cut Glass Kings)
- Sat 5 March 2022 Manchester, Albert Hall (w/ Cut Glass Kings and Marvin Powell) – SOLD OUT
- Thu 10 March 2022 London, O2 Forum Kentish Town (w/Cut Glass Kings and Marvin Powell)
- Fri 11 March 2022 Bristol, Marble Factory (w/Cut Glass Kings and Marvin Powell)
- Sat 12 March 2022 Oxford, O2 Academy (w/ Glass Kings and Marvin Powell)
- Thu 17 March 2022 Leeds, Beckett Students Union (w/ Cut Glass Kings and Marvin Powell)
- Fri 18 March 2022 Nottingham, The Level (w/ The Dream Machine and Louis Croft)
- Sat 19 March 2022 Glasgow, Barrowland (w/ Cut Glass Kings)
- Thu 24 March 2022 Newcastle, Riverside (w/ Cut Glass Kings)
- Fri 25 March 2022 Liverpool, The Invisible Wind Factory (w/ Cut Glass Kings and Rianne Downey) – SOLD OUT
- Sat 26 March 2022 Liverpool, The Invisible Wind Factory (w/ Brooke Combe and The Dream Machine) – SOLD OUT
FOLLOW THE CORAL
The Songbird HQ