The brand new single from The Lottery Winners “Favourite Flavour” was released last Thursday 24 June 2021 via Modern Sky and is the second single taken from the band’s upcoming second album, “Something To Leave The House For”.
The band is made up of Thom Rylance on Lead Vocals, Katie Lloyd on bass and vocals, Robert Lally on guitar and Joe Singleton on drums.
Using their time wisely to write, demo and eventually head into the studio with long-term collaborator, the producer Tristan Ivemy, Lottery Winners’ last release, was late 2020’s Start Again EP, which featured Frank Turner-guesting on the title track and further featured appearances from Sleeper’s Louise Wener and The Wonder Stuff’s Miles Hunt. Such is Lottery Winners industrious nature, their ten million streams in the last year alone and close to 300,000 monthly Spotify listeners have been earned through grit, determination and the pure drive to make to make people think as they dance.
Over the past 18 months, Lottery Winners have also busied themselves with their own TV series, LWTV, broadcast every Sunday, with special guest appearances from heroes including Rick Astley, Andy Burnham, Jamie Cullum and Happy Mondays’ Rowetta.
The Lottery Winners second single “Favourite Flavour” from their upcoming new album, is a summer, feel good anthem of hands-aloft, singing out loud in sunny fields track that the band are best known for. Its a track of pure, radiant joy and positivity, bringing us the sound of summer, evoking vibes of ice-cold cocktails, multi-coloured lollies and the race down to the beach. Seemingly unstoppable in creating silver linings, the high-energy four-piece band unveil this ‘best played loud’ track in the aftermath and in the glow of their recent explosive return to live performance scene, having got the show back on the road in a socially-distanced celebration with fans at Manchester’s O2 Academy earlier in the month.
Thom Rylance, front man of the band, says
“It’s a fun song. It doesn’t take itself too seriously. My fiancé is a nurse, and one night I was writing a song in the garage and she came in and asked if she could help. I said yes, to humour her, and then she starts singing this amazing melody. I was fuming. She’s just good at everything.”
Something To Leave The House For, the upcoming new album which is due for release on the 24th September 2021, follows on from their 2020, self-titled UK Album Chart Top 30 debut. The year that followed kept them predominantly off stage, but kick-started a remarkable period of creativity for the band, including the release of the emotive An Open Letter To Creatives and the band’s sensational, viral collaboration with Nickelback and the Rock Star Sea Shanty.
A growing list of UK Tour Dates for 2021 includes their celebratory ‘homecoming’ night at Manchester’s O2 Ritz and long-awaited, big field festival appearances including Tramlines, Sheffield, Kendal Calling and Portsmouth’s Victorious Festival. Lottery Winners also warm-up the Welsh capital this summer, supporting Kaiser Chiefs at Cardiff Castle. The full run of upcoming headline and festival shows are as follows:
• Fri 25 Jun Sheffield, Tramlines Festival
• Sat 30 June Kendal, Kendal Calling,
• Fri 6 Aug Lincolnshire, Beyond The Woods Festival
• Fri 13 Aug The Boof Festival
• Sat 14 Aug Cardiff Castle (supporting Kaiser Chiefs)
• Sun 22 Aug Devon, Beautiful Days Festival
• Fri 22 Aug Portsmouth, Victorious Festival
• Sun 29 Aug Bolton, Food and Drink Festival
• Wed 1 SepBrighton, The Prince Albert
• Thu 2 SepSouthampton, Joiners
• Fri 3 SepBirmingham, Castle and Falcon
• Sat 4 SepLancashire, Highest Point Festival
• Sun 5 Sep Nottingham, Bodega
• Tue 7 SepBristol, Thekla
• Wed 8 SepLeeds, Key Club
• Thu 9 Sep Blackpool, Bootleg Social
• Fri 10 SepWigan, The Boulevard
• Sat 11 SepStoke, Sugarmill
• Fri 17 Sep Manchester, Food and Drink Festival
• Sat 18 Sep London, The Roundhouse (supporting Frank Turner)
• Wed 22 SepMilton Keynes, Crauford Arms
• Thu 23 SepLondon, Oslo
• Sat 25 Sep O2 Ritz, Manchester
• Thu 30 Sep Sheffield, The Leadmill
• Sat 2 Oct Liverpool, Sound City
• Sat 9 Oct Stockton-on-Tees, NE Volume
• Fri 22 Oct Macclesfield, Suburban Hymns Festival (main stage)
• Sat 23 Oct Newcastle, Hit the North Festival (main stage)
• Sat 11 Dec Birmingham, Sonic Wave Festival (main stage)
Remaining tickets for all dates and more live opportunities to be announced via the band’s website at www.thelotterywinners.co.ukand their social media channels.
The new album “Something To Leave The House For” is available to pre-order here now
FOLLOW LOTTERY WINNERS
Words by SALLY NEWMAN for The Songbird HQ