HOW BEAUTIFUL LIFE CAN BE – ACAPELLA VERSION
Butter wouldn’t melt as The Lathums release angel-voiced acapella version of: HOW BEAUTIFUL LIFE CAN BE
After walking out on stage at their gigs to The Housemartin’s legendary acapella version of Caravan Of Love, indie heroes, The Lathums finally get their chance to walk two minutes and 30 seconds in the shoes of their heroes by performing their own stunning, stripped-to-vocals take on their recent single, How Beautiful Life Can Be. Released just a few weeks ago, the single’s summer-in-a-bottle sound celebrates the lighter side of life and high hopes that the young might, finally, be set free.
Arranged by the band in collaboration with Parr Street Studios producer, Chris Taylor with the agile ears of Paul Duffy, founder member of renowned masters of vocal harmony The Coral also guiding recording, the four Lathums dropped their instruments and discovered a brand new, affectingly intimate side to their music. Falsetto leaps replace jangling guitars and earthy baritone notes pluck instruments from the hands of the rhythm section as one of British guitar music’s most popular new bands go breathtakingly bare.
Shot on location in their native Wigan, the accompanying video for the special track, directed by James Slater, sees The Lathums take their music to market – quite literally – by singing amongst Saturday shoppers. Their town-centre appearance followed an impromptu busking trip there earlier this xxHaving seen dates at Kendal Calling, Truck Festival and Y Not Festival fall out of their summer touring plans, The Lathums pushed on to play Tramlines, in Sheffield on last weekend and a special London show with BBC Introducing, appearing at the Omeara on Wed 11 August 2021. The band, including deep-thinking lyricist-singer, Alex Moore, Rickenbacker-slinging guitarist, Scott Concepcion, drummer, Ryan Durrans and the increasingly mysterious ‘Bass Mon Jon’, just need the first chink of light on the return to live to set their summer on fire.
The full list of The Lathums 2021 UK Headline Tour dates, including a huge SOLD-OUTreturn to the North West at Manchester’s O2 Victoria Warehouse, plus debut shows atGlasgow Barrowland Ballroom and London’s O2 Forum Kentish Town, are as follows:
- Thu 5 Aug Leeds, Millennium Square w/DMA’s
- Wed 11 Aug London, Omeara w/BBC Introducing
- Sat 28 Aug Portsmouth, Victorious Festival
- Sun 5 Sep Warrington, Neighbourhood Weekender
- Fri 10 Sep Glasgow, TRNSMT 2021
- Sun 26 Sep Manchester, Castlefield Bowl – w/Snow Patrol
- Wed 29 Sep Newcastle, O2 Academy*
- Thu 30 Sep Birmingham, O2 Institute*
- Sat 2 Oct Nottingham, Rock City*
- Sat 3 Oct Liverpool, Sound City
- Mon 4 Oct Cambridge, Junction
- Tue 5 Oct Brighton, Concorde
- Thu 7 Oct London, O2 Forum Kentish Town*
- Fri 8 Oct Southampton, The 1865
- Sat 9 Oct Bristol, SWX
- Mon 11 Oct Sheffield, O2 Academy*
- Tue 12 Oct Leeds, O2 Academy*
- Thu 14 Oct Glasgow, Barrowland Ballroom*
- Sat 16 Oct Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse* SOLD OUT
- Fri 12 Nov Hull, Social – SOLD OUT^
- Sun 14 Nov Leicester, O2 Academy 2 – SOLD OUT^
- Mon 15 Nov Stoke, Sugarmill – SOLD OUT^
- Tue 16 Nov Cardiff, Globe SOLD OUT^
- Wed 17 Nov Oxford O2 Academy 2 – SOLD OUT^
- Fri 3 Dec Dunfermline, PJ Molloys – SOLD OUT^
- Sat 4 Dec Dundee, Fat Sam’s^
- Mon 6 Dec Aberdeen, The Lemon Tree – SOLD OUT^
- Tue 7 Dec Edinburgh, The Liquid Room – SOLD OUT^
*Upgraded and Rescheduled Dates
Tickets for all venues sold via www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk andwww.thelathums.com. All previously purchased tickets remain valid for rescheduled dates.
The Lathums also pick up rearranged arena tour dates with Blossoms and accept the invitation from Paul Weller to open his UK-wide run of shows later this year.
Having completed their debut album at Parr Street, produced by The Coral’s James Skelly, the band looks forward to revealing more new music before hitting the road.
FOLLOW THE LATHUMS
The Songbird HQ